Developing and leading a great team
Successful professional service firms are a myriad of overlapping teams (client teams, practice groups, offices, sectors, projects) meaning that a ‘command and control’ approach does not work. Instead, professional leaders at every level need to be adept at quickly forging teams with a clear focus.
This session covers:
• How to engender the essential elements that define great teamwork:
o A clear sense of common purpose and shared values to which people are committed
o Having people play to their complementary strengths
o Open and honest communication
• What great leaders do (and don’t do) to create a high-performance culture
• The main stages of teamwork and how to quickly progress your team through them
• Leadership vs management and four leadership styles you may need to master to meet the needs of the team
• Behaviours you should not tolerate within the team and how to deal with team conflict
• Formats for effective team meetings and other ways to ensure good communication.
DEVELOPING AND LEADING A GREAT TEAM